Can't connect to the ssh

Hello, I’m having some difficulty connecting to the submission system, after I put
ssh USERNAME@robots.real-robot-challenge.com
in the terminal, I kept getting the
Permission denied, please try again
message. Is anyone facing the same issue?
Thanks.

Did you set up an SSH key or are you using the password to log in?
If using the key, you may get this error when the machine from which you try to log in has a different key set up than the one configured on the submission system.
Likewise, if there is a typo in either the username or password you will get this error.

If you tell me your username, I’ll also check the configuration, if there is anything wrong with the account.

Hello, thanks for replying.
I used the username: “grumpyzebra”. But the submission used to be the job for one of our team members, so I don’t know if I missed any of the configuration set up. So please help me to check if there’s anything that I missed. Thanks.
I’ll see if I typed the password wrong or something.

Your account has an SSH key set up. So to log in, you either need the private key that your co-worker used, or you can use the following command to ignore the key and use the password instead:

ssh -o PasswordAuthentication=yes -o PreferredAuthentications=keyboard-interactive,password -o PubkeyAuthentication=no USERNAME@robots.real-robot-challenge.com

(source)

Edit: After checking a bit more, I’m actually not sure if you even need the command above in case you don’t have the SSH key on your machine. SSH seems to determine it automatically and use the password method instead.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I did successfully connect to the ssh.
But I do face another issue, when I tried to upload my roboch.json file to submit our project with this line:
scp roboch.json USERNAME@robots.real-robot-challenge.com:
what I have is:
unrecognized command
but when I simply use the command
submit
I have the return:
1 job(s) submitted to cluster 45671.
Does that means I did submit our project, why is the first line of command didn’t work?
Please help, the deadline is close, thank you very much.

Another question, just in case the submission procedure did work as we expected, is there a way that I just email you our git repository clone link?

If I understood correctly, you connected to the submission system via SSH and then tried to run the scp command there?
scp is used to upload your config file from your computer to the submission system, i.e. you need to call this locally on your computer. After this, you can connect via SSH and call submit on the server to send a job to the robots.

For the final evaluation, we will read your roboch.json and clone the current state of the repository that is listed there at the time of the deadline. This is an mostly automated process, so I would prefer if you set up the roboch.json accordingly instead of sending the link per mail as the latter would make things a bit complicated for us.

Understand. I will try my best to ensure the success of submission.
Now I did upload the roboch.json file with line:
scp roboch.json myusername@robots.real-robot-challenge.com:
And then I connected to ssh with line:
scp roboch.json myusername@robots.real-robot-challenge.com:
After I use command “submit”, I tried to check the result with command “check”. But what I have is:
grumpyzebra@robochallenge> check
email address passed :heavy_check_mark:
git repository URL passed :heavy_check_mark:
access repository without deploy key failed ✘
The git repository that I put in the roboch.json file is a public repository. I don’t understand why it fail to access it without deploy key.
Then when I use command “status”, I have the following return:
0 jobs; 0 completed, 0 removed, 0 idle, 0 running, 0 held, 0 suspended
Is there anything I could do to see what went wrong?
Thanks.

I took a look at your config. There is a space at the end of the repository URL. It seems that this is causing the problem (I could reproduce the error when adding a space).
So when removing the space, it should work.

Hi, thanks for your last reply.
So I successfully upload the roboch.json file, checked it and see from status one job was running. But when I went to see the recorded output, I have the following report:
Submission failed with the following error:
Failed to clone git repository:
Cloning into ‘/var/lib/condor/execute/dir_31440/run_submission-2o0qjxz3/src/usercode’…
fatal: Remote branch master not found in upstream origin
During the “check” command, the accessing repository without deploy key was successful. But I never come to this kind of error before. Could you help to see what’s going on?
Considering the time, I could literally email you our project or the repository access through email. But of course, I do wish to follow the standard protocol. Please help me before time runs out. Thanks

I think our system defaults to “master” when no branch is explicitly stated in the roboch.json, however on your repository the default branch is called “main”. I think to fix this, you only need to explicitly set the branch name in the config file.
It seems that the check command is only testing if the repository is accessible but not if the branch exists, therefore it did not complain.

Btw: no need to email me the link to the repo, I can access your config and see the URL there :wink:

Thank you very much, I changed the branch name and it run successfully.

1 Like