Hardware for simulator?

Hello,

I tried to run simulator on two machines (standard intel integrated GPU). First machine Ubuntu 20.04 returns error related to OpenGL GLSL 1.50 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, and 1.00 ES. I was able to run it on second machine Windows 10 + WSL (Ubuntu 20.04) + VcXsrv but it’s choppy and pretty much unusable. Does this simulator need special hardware (Nvidia GPU)? It seams like simple stuff to render.

Nevermind, it works on nvidia gpu though in demo_cameras.py segmentation camera view behave a bit weird (like fast forwarding video).

Glad to hear that you already solved the problem!

We are using pyBullet for the simulation. I am not aware of any specific hardware requirements of Bullet. It might be that a GPU is needed for the visualisation but in “non-GUI” mode (i.e. with visualisation disabled) it is running completely on the CPU as far as I understood.

Just one thing to keep in mind: If you are using Singularity on a machine that uses Nvidia drivers, you need to pass the --nv flag, otherwise the pyBullet visualisation will not work.

Regarding the segmentation camera view: I assume you mean the “Synthetic Camera” view inside the pyBullet window? This looks so weird because it is rotating through the three different cameras (I think it simply always shows the last image that was rendered).